Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Sausage story



I am going to tell you what happened on Tuesday. Well we had a sausages sizzle. They cost $1.00 from my teacher Mr Marks.


First we had to cut the onions and make them turn into half cut rings. When we were cutting the onions it started to make us cry and people thought we were crying for a reason. I had watering eyes and then I wiped my eyes with my hands. My eyes got even more sore  because I forgot to wash my hands after cutting the onions.

My teacher Mr Marks was grilling the sausages and we could smell it from inside the classroom. He said to us “stay away from the grill because you might get burnt” and that is true. There were 32 people at school and Mr Marks was making a lot because he got 50 sausages in a bag.

We had to cook the onions as well on the grill because we don't eat raw onions.  When the onions were cooking people were putting the leftover raw onions in front of their eyes so they can cry and that was me.  The onions took long to cook so the bell rang and Mr Marks said “GO to play and they will be ready when you  come back from ICT and music.”

When we got back from ICT and music everything was all cooked. Mr Marks said to me “You can give the bread to the class  and they can come to me and I will give them onions and a sausage”. So he told the class what to do when they get up. Aldora and Meleane gave out some bbq and tomato sauce.

When everyone got their sausage they had to go outside. There  were  six or seven sausages left and we gave some to the teachers. Hope and I took one to the office and Grace took one to the kitchen. When everyone was done eating we went to lunch and enjoyed the rest of the day.


The best part for me was when we cut the onions and broke them into pieces. Also when I was handing out the bread to people and when I took some to the teachers. I loved my sausage it was tasty.

3 comments:

  1. Great writing Mele. You've got lots of details and I like how you've ordered your ideas carefully. Sadly, I missed out on getting a sausage but maybe I could get one next time?

    Keep up the wonderful work.
    From Miss Lavakula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Mele. I agree with Miss Lavakula, you have done a good job of ordering your ideas and planning first helps this doesn't it.

    I am really happy to see you have included a conclusion.

    Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your story it is very descriptive and quite different to our sausage sizzle, I liked how you described what you did to contribute,I enjoyed reading your sausage story.



    From Penny at david street school.

    ReplyDelete