Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Prize Giving !

Prize giving Item 2013:


As I walked into the school at 7:00pm for prize giving my mum said to me “ Mele try your hardest and go hard out”. “Ok” As I replied . I was performing in the maori kapa haka which was first so I had to go to the music room. When the kapa haka group was in the music room we had a warm up and sang about 3 or 4 songs just for warm and then we had to go on stage. As we walked on stage i got stage scared because there were a lot of parents watching.


Isara played the guitar and patrick started the haka , As we were performing I was looking at the crowed to try and find my family then my eye caught my mum. As we ended our performance we went back to the music room put our shoes on and went to the hall to wait until our year group got called to perform. I was sitting right behind my family and they were proud of me. As I was sitting down we waited for a bit then Mr Burt said that it was time for the year 7 performance.



As the year 7’s stood up we walked towards the stage and stood in our places , I was on the floor next to Uili. As the song played I smiled to my family and started to do the dance moves that we learnt this whole week. The song that we were dancing to was fresh prince of bel air and everyone liked the song. We had acting in our performance and we also had big picture going from one end of the hall to the other.


When we finished our performance we sat down and Mr Burt gave out awards to the people who have learned them this year. After Mr Burt gave our the certificate Mr Burt said “ It is time for the band to play a song”. So The band group came out and Mr Burt went to the back stage to grab more certificate for the prefect and house captain next year.


When a band finish their Item Mr Burt called out the house captain then the prefect. As he was calling out the perfects my name got called out and my family was happy. As I walked up on the stage my mum, Aunty and cousin came up and put lollie lase on me and I was proud that I was a perfect. when everyone clapped I went back down to sit where i was sitting before and my mum gave me a hug.


After that it was time for the year 8 Item so the year 8’s walked up and stood in their places. First one stage were the girls they performed their bit and then my boys came on. The boys did their item then all the year 8’s came on the stage and sang a song. Crusader and Dillon played my guitar and the rest sang stand by me. As they got to the chorus Rita and Jaylee did a rap then Gabriel , Darius and James said thank you to all the teachers and that they were going to miss the teachers.


When they were done they all sat down while Mr Tele’a spoke to everyone and said “Thank you all the parent that have made it here tonight”. After he was done saying all he needed to say he prayed for us then handed it back to Mr Burt. Mr Burt told us to turn around and face the parent when we sang our school song which was called Strive to succeed. As we were finishing the song we had to go higher and higher but I couldn’t because I was too busy laughing at my mum. As we finished the song we all could go home so I went to my family and we all took pictures then went home.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mele.

    Great post about Prizegiving night last year, :) It was a good year for us year 7's especially for you girls that played rugby & who got 100% attendance. Next time just put the photo to the right so the writing can be read easier, but anyways great post.
    Shayne:)

    ReplyDelete