Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Athletics day !


Just finding out that we had athletics today I was nervous because we had to verse our year group and I versed the year 7’s. As we got changed into our house colours we had to go to the courts and get ready to start our  first event. Our first event was soft ball throw but first some of the tamaki college people came to help us out with the event. So when the helpers went to their event we left to go our first activity.

When we got there we had to sit down and listen to what we had to do. The helpers name was Nathaniel and he came from tamaki college. He needed two helpers when the others throw the soft ball the other two all on the field can bring them back in so me and Jazelle helped him. When everyone had their turn throwing the ball it was my turn. As I picked the ball up all the girls were like “ Mele is going to throw it the furthest because she has manly arms”. When I threw the ball I threw it the furthest so I came first.

When we moved to our next event we had to hop skip and jump so I couldn’t wait for my turn. When it got near my turn I stood up and had a practice before I had to go up and have a turn. I ran then hop skip and jump but as I jumped I fell onto my bum. Everyone was laughing but I didn’t feel ashamed because I was laughing to. I came first again on the event to.

My favourite event was Sprints even though I came forth because I was proud of myself and when we did races I pulled a muscle but didn’t give up and still tried my best. Mr Burt told me that I didn’t have to run because it hurted so bad the pain made me cry but I still ran because champions never give up.


No comments:

Post a Comment