Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Jo May

I’ve heard the name Jo May from somewhere, But I can’t remember where from! Oh thats right she is an New Zealand Artist is Waipu near Whangarei in Northland. Jo mays originals are painted with pure white silk and she has been painting on silk now since 2000. Jo May loves painting and she is a really famous artist.

Jo May carefully does a design and then starts painting it, But she makes sure that her pictures are nicely detailed first. Most or the pictures that she draws mean something to her which is pretty amazing. Because when I paint my pictures don’t really mean anything to me but now I have meaning for my pictures.

My class has researched Jo May and now we are having a go at trying to paint like her. I have designed a picture from her painting and now I have to do my final touch. I really love doing Jo May painting and learning facts about her. One day I hope I become at artist at painting.
Screenshot 2014-11-21 at 1.07.47 PM.pngScreenshot 2014-11-21 at 1.07.36 PM.png

In these pictures you can see that Jo May has contrasting colours and colours that stand out. Jo May has used cool colours and a bit or cold colours in these pictures. She mainly paints her pictures with her hands but she didn’t use her hands for these one’s.  She uses squiggly lines and some straight lines. Also the most colours she use are blue, red and gold kind of.  

No comments:

Post a Comment