Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

Kahurangi Performance

Walking into the hall all I was wondering was “ Why are we in the hall and it’s a Monday? ”. Taking a seat on the floor all I see is a beautiful girl standing in the corner or the hall wearing Maori costume.


There was awkward silence in the hall then all we see is three people coming from the back or the stage. “ Kia ora everyone we are the Kahurangi  performance group and we are here to tell you some stories about what happened before you all were born,” the Kahurangi group said. They introduced themselves and then they performed.


As they were performing and also telling us a story about what happened to the Maori people before we were born.  For three people they sound really good when they sing and perform and I think that they are the bestest kapahaka group I have ever seen in my life. As they were finishing up my kapahaka teacher told our kapahaka students that we are going to have a workshop with them and I couldn’t WAIT .

No comments:

Post a Comment